Employee Wellness Programs
Ensuring the mental and physical well-being of all staff members is not only essential for the vitality of the business, but also for the progressive growth of everyone that calls our firm home. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), “Research shows that employees in good health are more likely to deliver optimal performance in the workplace.” Healthy employees not only have higher work productivity but enjoy a higher quality of life with less stress, anxiety, and illness. While we invest in professional development, we also understand the importance of other dimensions of well-being. For this reason, we have developed several programs, including:
- Wellness Challenges – This includes challenges and incentives offered throughout the year. In most cases, the prize is $50 towards a wellness purchase of the winner’s choice. Some examples include wellness bingo and a wellness raffle for each mental/physical activity completed.
- Wellness Equipment – There are yoga balls and standing desks available to all interested employees.
- Bike to Work Day – The firm participates in this event providing breakfast and lunch to participants as well as flexible time for the commute. There are also showers and locker rooms available for riders to refresh and prepare for the workday.
- Annual Stress Relief Event – This is a time for employees to get out and do something fun as a team. In the past, we have gone go-karting, played archery dodgeball, and had several competitions at Top Golf.
- Community Garden – There is a community garden that all employees are encouraged to tend to and participate in. This is a great opportunity to connect with other team members and experience the stress relief associated with working in nature.
- Wellness Walks/Walking Meetings – We encourage regular activity through these programs and these meetings are always on the clock.
These programs are constantly updated, and new programming is initiated by our Wellness Committee. Team members from across the firm come together to innovate new programs. All with the goal of helping our valuable team members stay well throughout the year.