Perks of Working at WhippleWood
At WhippleWood, we take our work very seriously, but also know how to have fun. You have the opportunity to participate in regular social outings, enjoy half-day Fridays during the summer months, indulge in professional massages during tax season, and unwind during yoga sessions led by our CEO. We also have established a Wellness Program to help employees incorporate mental and physical wellness routines inside and outside of the office.
Looking for career growth opportunities? We offer two important programs designed to ensure the ongoing professional development of each and every employee, including:
- Mentor Program – It is strongly encouraged that everyone participates in this program. Mentors are suggested to be outside your service area and at least one level senior role to the partner and principal level. Common issues discussed include situational challenges, networking opportunities/suggestions, keys for success, imposter syndrome, improvements in a client-facing role, time management, prioritization, and career progression.
- Job Shadowing/Cross Training – Attendance at leadership workshops or other formal leadership education
Employee Recognition and Appreciation Programs
- Hero Awards- $110 cash for giving 110% in work and client service. These awards are peer-nominated and winners are announced at staff meetings.
- End of tax season appreciation luncheon.
- Car wash & detailing for all staff when certain firm goals are met.
OTHER EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, our offices close at noon on Fridays to give people more time to enjoy the beautiful weather & outdoors.
- Additional PTO for community service or volunteer work in order to actively support community service initiatives.
- The option to work flexible hours or a compressed work week is a standard year-round practice.
- Stocked kitchen and frequent free lunches at the office.
- After 5 years with the company, employees are rewarded with flex time off as opposed to having a PTO bank of time.
- Participation in Bike to Work Day and provide breakfast & lunch to participate as well as flexible hours to give time to get to/from work. We have showers and lockers at the office as well so that people can get fully ready at the office.
- The firm offers a variety of wellness challenges and incentives that we offer throughout the year. The prize for each is $50 towards a wellness purchase of the winner’s choice.
Competitive Benefits Package
In addition to all the fun activities, WhippleWood CPAs provides employees with a competitive benefits package, including a 401(k) plan with a company match. Health insurance starts on the first day of the first month of employment, and PTO starts accruing on your first day of employment!
Other Benefits Include:
- Dental Insurance – Full-time employees are eligible for dental insurance through our self-funded dental plan, including twice annual cleanings through their mobile dental unit that comes to our office.
- Health Savings Account – Full-time employees become eligible on the first day of the first month following their hire date. WhippleWood also deposits an amount per paycheck into your account based on the applicable coverage selected.
- Daycare Cafeteria Plan – A Cafeteria Plan allows employees to pay daycare expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- 401(K) Plan – To become eligible to participate in the plan, full or part-time employees must have worked 1,000 hours annually and have been employed at WhippleWood for 6 months. The firm matches between 3-4% depending on participant contribution.
- Life Insurance – Full-time employees become eligible 6 months after full-time continuous employment. The benefit is three times your salary.
- Long-Term Disability – Employees become eligible 6 months after full-time continuous employment. The benefit is 60% of your salary.
- Short-Term Disability – Full-time employees may select a variety of coverages paid post-tax.
- Accident Insurance – This plan, pays a cash benefit for covered employees for applicable accidents and injuries. This insurance helps pick up where other insurance leaves off and can help cover copays, deductibles, and treatment.
- Parental Leave – Fully paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child.
- Bonus Plans – All employees are eligible for periodic bonuses throughout the year, including Christmas, tax season, referral, recruiting, and performance bonuses