Denver Cpa firm JoB Opening
A career at WhippleWood CPAs is an opportunity to do work that matters. It’s a chance to share, to innovate, and to learn at a firm that embraces the power of collaboration. Our culture has been celebrated multiple years in a row as a Best Place to Work by the Denver Business Journal, Outside Magazine, Inc. Magazine, and Accounting Today.
We are looking for an individual who is independent, self-driven, and impelled to succeed in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients, to offer ideas and insights we haven’t yet considered, and to be challenged with high standards that help to ensure success for our clients and ourselves.
FOR CONSIDERATION, YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS SURVEY: https://go.apply.ci/s/E5A77A0000
- Maintaining excellent client relationships and appropriate client communication
- Assignment of responsibilities to supporting staff, including follow up to ensure timely & accurate completion in accordance with associated budgets
- Review of staff level work, including general ledger transactions, adjusting journal entries, prepared financial statements, account reconciliations, and depreciation schedules
- New client on-boarding, staff training, and prioritization of tasks for client support team
- Preparation and review of financial statements
- Entering general ledger transactions and adjusting journal entries accurately Balance sheet account reconciliation (or review)
- Fixed asset and depreciation schedule maintenance
- Bill payment processing
- Sales and use tax calculations and compliance
- Payroll processing, calculations, and compliance
- Completion of Culture Index Survey, linked above. Candidates that do not complete a survey will not be considered
- Four to six years accounting and/or bookkeeping experience
- A bachelors of science degree or associates degree in accounting or a related field
- Relevant software experience – QuickBooks required (Xero, ACS or CSA, T-Sheets, Expensify and Bill.com preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills — specifically Excel and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with all levels of personnel
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional client service through a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and timely completion of duties
- Display appropriate ethical knowledge through extraordinary confidentiality, integrity and professional presentation and conduct
- Ability to work effectively both within a team environment and independently
- An attitude of continuous improvement
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Health and dependent care FSAs
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible work schedules and the opportunity to work remotely
- Performance bonuses
- Year-round staff celebration and events
- Peak season wellness events and massages
- Certified breastfeeding friendly employer
- Additional paid time off in Summer months
- An environment recognized as one of the best workplaces in America
- Stocked kitchens
- Office based in Littleton, CO
- Reports to Accounting Partner and Accounting Manager
- Casual, professional office environment
“No two days are ever the same at WhippleWood. Our work is always changing based on our clients needs and goals. We all support each other which helps us to best serve our clients, but it also creates a positive work environment. Management even rewards our hard work with fun events throughout the year!”
“The work culture at WhippleWood is friendly and collaborative. Whenever you face a problem, there are people on your team that want to help you solve the issue for your client, but also to see you succeed in your role.”
I enjoy the firm’s relaxed and empowering environment. It’s not like other CPA firms. I have the freedom here to make decisions in a fun environment full of good people.
Exciting and fun. No two days are ever the same and even though we’re always busy, it’s fun and exciting to tackle new projects and get to work with different people on new challenges.
The people. We have a great group of individuals working here.