Careers at WhippleWood CPAs in Denver
Careers at WhippleWood
We are always looking for talented additions to our team!
Please visit our career portal to create an account, view current openings, take our Culture Index Survey and upload your resume.
Denver CPA firm, WhippleWood CPA’s—named one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work For in 2009 and 2010—has career opportunities that will utilize your skills and experience, plus tools and resources to further your professional development, and a great work environment.
We offer a full range of benefits, including a competitive compensation package, a team-oriented work environment, flexible work hours and opportunities for advancement at a top Denver CPA firm.
We have also been selected as one of OUTSIDE’s Best Places to Work for 2019!
WhippleWood CPAs seeks a full-time accountant with a broad range of skills.
Candidate must possess the following traits, experience and skills:
- Accounting or business degree
- Advanced computer skills, such as QuickBooks and other accounting software programs; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; Adobe; amortization software; asset management software; and Internet-based applications
- Highly technical and detailed oriented
- Professional writing, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take charge, multi-task, manage priorities, quickly adapt to changing responsibilities and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to prepare financial statements, reconcile balance sheet accounts, provide write-up services and prepare payroll and sales tax returns
- Experience with CPA firm preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor is required
WhippleWood CPAs seeks tax specialists with various experience levels. Our firm is involved not only with the activities of the companies we serve, but in many cases with the business owners in such areas as personal taxation and financial planning.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate with colleagues and clients, build on existing relationships and create opportunities for new ones.
- Supervision of tax engagements
- Interaction with clients to discuss tax issues and new tax service opportunities
- Coordination of client services
- Training and mentoring of staff-level employees
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting with 1–6 years of public accounting experience, including working with a variety of federal and multi-state tax returns. Experience in oil & gas and international tax is a plus. A CPA certificate or eligibility to sit for the CPA exam is required. A master’s degree in accounting and/or tax is a plus.
WhippleWood CPAs is looking for experienced accounting clerks who are independent, self-driven and eager to work in a fast-paced environment for a creative and forward-thinking accounting firm.
Our culture is unique, and we offer a dynamic, exciting and fun work environment. The ideal candidate will be able to clearly and effectively communicate with colleagues and clients, build on existing relationships and create opportunities for new ones. If you are looking to join a successful, innovative, well-respected CPA firm, please apply!
- Accurately code and process invoices
- Prepare and distribute weekly check runs
- Reconcile bank and GL accounts
- Calculate sales and use taxes
- Complete journal entries
- Assist accounting team with monthly reports, including scanning and document storage
- Provide excellent customer service
- Process year-end 1099s
- Complete other tasks or projects as assigned
- 3+ years A/P processing experience
- Associate’s in Accounting (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, with intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize
At WhippleWood CPAs, we take a proactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and regulations, we position ourselves to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize present and future tax liabilities for our clients.
As a Tax Intern, you’ll make a technical contribution to tax engagements and internal projects. You’ll actively establish internal and external relationships. You may also participate in researching tax issues, helping clients with responses to tax authorities and assisting clients in maximizing tax credit claims. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you’ll escalate issues as appropriate. You’ll make sure that the work we deliver is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
- Participate in tax engagements, including preparation of Forms 1040, 1065, 1120S and 1099
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Build strong internal relationships
- Possess a willingness to learn
- Current graduate (or spring/summer 2016 graduate) from the Accounting field of study
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Word and Excel are essential)
- Very good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills/team player
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Experience in a similar position will be considered a strong advantage
About Our Firm
WhippleWood CPAs is a growing certified public accounting firm located in Littleton, Colorado. We provide tax services, accounting services, business consulting services, valuation and auditing services to small and medium-sized businesses. We serve a variety of industries, including restaurants, franchises, professional services, oil & gas, not-for-profits, real estate development and retail trade. We have been honored as a national award winner in the “Best Accounting Firms to Work for” program several years in a row.
We offer a fast-paced, energetic work environment and a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include: health insurance, flexible benefits accounts, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, SIMPLE retirement savings plan, health savings account, and accruals for holiday and PTO leave.